Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

80 Seconds

The Volunteers lost yesterday in OT to the Missouri Tigers and because of that loss I think it is time the University of Tennessee parts ways with the head coach Derek Dooley. I do not say this lightly, up until yesterday I had been on the side of "give him another year". The final score does not detail the turn in my opinion on Dooley.

What turned me to the "Dooley must go" camp was 80 seconds. 40 seconds at the end of the first half and 40 seconds at the end of regulation. Dooley's illogical and ineptitude head coach ability showed its ugly head yesterday as it has in the past.

Yesterday was not the first time a Dooley run football team has has given victory away in the final moments of a game. It is not the first time the Volunteers have dissolved before their loyal fans eyes and turned victory into defeat.

I have two questions for the coach: Why with two timeouts left and 40 seconds remaining on the clock at the end of the first half you do not try to get down field for a score or field goal and how do you do the same thing at the end of the game knowing the Tigers had solved the Vols defense of the first half and scoring was not a problem for them in the second half and try to win a shoot out against them?

Dooley and his staff just are not cutting it, yesterdays loss falls on their heads. Dooley and his staff acted like they do not for one have a 2 minute drill or a plan at crunch time. I think Dooley's days are numbered. I do not think he will be fired until after the season, but I doubt he will be back.

Lets Go Vols

No comments:

Post a Comment